• executive management across a range of local authority functions
• corporate leadership and the interface with political leadership
• service planning/reshaping, partnerships and co-production
• operational management and workforce organisation
• resource management, commissioning and contracting
• performance management
I have 45 years’ experience of working in social services, having been Director of Social Services for 10 years.
I was local authority Deputy Chief Executive for 5 years and was lead inspector with Care Inspectorate Wales (formerly CSSIW) for 6 years, including management of the joint review programme in Wales Past President of ADSS Cymru, the Association of Directors of Social Services for Wales.