- Change management in the public sector
- Project and programme management
- Integration of health and social care services
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
- Prince 2 and Managing Successful Programmes
I have over 35 years’ experience in the public sector and spent a number of years as a front-line Environmental Health Officer working in the fields of housing, food safety, and public health. I later specialised in project and programme management and was appointed Programme Manager for the integration of health and social care to ensure the effective delivery of projects that remodel services to deliver better outcomes for citizens. I was the regional lead for Delivering Sustainable Social Services working across the City of Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Councils and the University Health Board. This work included the preparatory work required to implement the Social Services and Well- being (Wales) Act in April 2016. I am also a guest lecturer at Cardiff Metropolitan University giving talks on transformational change in the public sector.