- Professional social work learning and knowledge
- Leadership within social work and social service organisations
- Co-productive social work theories and methods
- Role of social enterprise organisations within adult social care services
- Exploring the language and the nature of social work discourse
I am passionate about social work with adults and specifically how social workers can work with citizens to co-construct effective solutions. I am committed to social work education and learning, particularly how practitioners and managers, once qualified, can develop their professional knowledge and skills. I believe that social work in the 21st Century has a direct and important contribution to make, in helping people achieve their personal aspirations.
I have over 25 years’ experience of working within adult social care services, as a social worker, lecturer and senior manager. I am currently undertaking a part-time PhD at Swansea University on the extent to which citizens can contribute to and inform social work supervision, as a means of co-producing high-quality social work support. I am a member of the British Association of Social Workers, a trustee for Cartrefi Cymru and an independent member of the Continuous and Professional Learning Alliance Reference Group.