Vacancy - Marketing Communications & Business Development Officer
Part-time [30 hours] Permanent Position
About Our Organisation:
Practice Solutions supports the health and social care sector workforce to confidently lead, manage and deliver sustainable services to ensure the well-being of people in communities they support. Our consultancy, workforce development, creative and digital media services provide flexible, innovative, out-of-the-box solutions and make it easy to implement, manage and deliver meaningful and sustainable change. Our current portfolio of work brings us into contact with Service Users, Third Sector organisations, Housing Associations, Local Health Boards, Welsh Government and a number of local authorities in Wales.
Abercynon – Adjacent to the A470 dual carriageway, approximately 10 miles north of Cardiff and 10 miles south of Merthyr Tydfil.
The Job Description:
The purpose of the Marketing Communications and Business Development Officer is to help create and promote new business opportunities in line with the Business Strategy by using a variety of communication methods to promote our services, our products as well as our Associates pool who will be delivering the projects.
Marketing Communications & Engagement
- Develop and deliver our marketing communications and engagement strategy for Practice Solutions to build our brand and deliver on the objectives of our business strategy.
- Continuously engage and communicate with a wide range of audiences internally and externally – building brand awareness to create new opportunities and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and commission quality content for our website, newsletter, BLOGs, twitter and other communication channels and to regularly monitor engagement by using the appropriate analytical tools.
- Prepare, plan and manage the publication of all marketing material and attend any networking / conferences to maximise the promotion of new and existing products.
- Promote the work of Practice Solutions and its Associates by using various social media and online platforms
- Provide marketing communications and engagement support to external projects as and when required.
- Horizon scan the external market to identify future business opportunities.
- Project manage the development of PSL “products” and consider how to “market” these products with new and existing customers.
- Work closely with the Project Support Co-ordinator and the Finance Officer to ensure regular updates are provided regarding new business.
- Carry out the evaluation process for completed projects to identify any future business opportunities.
The ideal Candidate:
- Proven track record as a strategic “marketing communications” professional
- Experience of designing and developing engaging, targeted content and messages suitable for use across a range of channels.
- Experience of brand development / managing social media channels and various communication tools
- Experienced with using Google Analytics and web Content Management Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills - supportive of colleagues and commitment to team working as well as building relationships with key stakeholders
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately
- Good project management skills with the ability to drive forward the “products” to meet specific deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Computer literate and administratively self-sufficient.
- Ideally an understanding of the social care agenda and government policy
- Welsh speaker would be desirable.
See vacancy information pack for full details - link below
£29,250 full time salary [pro-rata / part time salary = £23,400]
Hours of Work:
30 hours per week
How to apply and closing date:
Please refer to the job description and the skills and experience to assess whether you feel you meet the necessary criteria for the role.
Please send a CV and covering letter [demonstrating how your skills and experience apply to the skills desired] to Katie Lineham – email@example.com by 12.30 pm on Thursday 7th March 2019.
Any applications arriving after this deadline will not be considered for shortlisting unless there are exceptional reasons.
The interviews for this post will be on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th March 2019 – please state in your letter whether you are available on these dates.
Full vacancy details:
Download the job description here.
Please also explore our website to find out more about our company.