Vacancy - Business Support Assistant
Business Support Assistant – Communications and Events
Part-time Temporary Maternity Cover Position
About Practice Solutions:
Practice Solutions work with organisations within the public sector to deliver positive outcomes by supporting them in transformational change, addressing their training needs and improving communication. We primarily operate in the social care sector and have experience in children and adult services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Business Support Assistant - Communications and Events to join us on a part time basis [22.5 hours] for a twelve-month period to cover maternity leave.
The successful candidate will need to have worked within a business administration role and have experience in communications and events. You will need to be proactive in your approach, as well as flexible and organised and have an eye for detail.
- Support the Communications & Engagement Lead to deliver the communications and engagement strategy for our main client.
- Co-ordinate and distribute publications to key stakeholders e.g. electronic newsletter, website updates, posters and flyers.
- Use and develop social media and online platforms creatively and effectively to promote, engage and communicate with stakeholders.
- Ensure that the guidelines and policy around the Welsh language for all communications is adhered to.
- Provide administrative support in relation to the annual national conference and seminars from sourcing and booking venues, organising equipment, catering, accommodation and invoicing through to maintaining relationships with sponsorships and managing delegates.
- Attend the annual national conference and seminars (this may involve some travel) to ensure the events run smoothly and efficiently, and to be on hand to deal with any queries.
- Ensure the relevant systems are kept up-to-date with accurate information and decisions, i.e. rates, packages, menus / record of any amendments.
- To provide excellent customer service and respond professionally in person, by phone, email and through written correspondence to internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal Candidate/
- Experience of using CMS, HTML mailing systems e.g. Mailchimp, social media applications (particularly Twitter and Youtube);
- Experience of working within a busy administration environment;
- Strong organisational and planning skills to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to interact well within an established team;
- A good working knowledge of IT packages, such as Outlook and Microsoft Office;
- The ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the external events, i.e. annual conference / event
- A Welsh speaker would be desirable.
Part-time salary of £13,841 per annum (pro rata the full-time salary of £22,760 per annum)
Hours of Work:
22.5 hours per week
Abercynon – Adjacent to the A470 dual carriageway, approximately 10 miles north of Cardiff and 10 miles south of Merthyr Tydfil.
Temporary 12-months maternity cover
How to apply and closing date:
Please send a CV with a covering letter specifying how your skills meet the desired criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9:30am Thursday 1st November 2018
The interviews for this post will be held on Thursday 8th November 2018.
Please also explore our website to find out more about our company.