Operating a business in a manner that meets or exceeds the ethical, legal, commercial and public expectations that society has of business.
Federation of Small Businesses, Wales
We are committed to growing and shaping our business to ensure that our social responsibility is at the core of what we do.
In improving human resource management practices we:
- Continue to implement policies that ensure the health and safety of all employees and associates and make the policies known to all.
- Explain the social, economic and environmental performance of the business to associates and consider their ideas and views as the business develops.
- Involve employees and associates in business decisions that affect them and will improve the work environment.
- Provide opportunities and mentoring to maximise promotion from within the organisation.
- Encourage a healthy workplace.
In helping the community we:
- Support employee volunteering in the community and make financial contributions where possible.
- Make some business services available at a discounted rate to charities, social and community enterprises.
- Offer quality work experience for students.
- Use the business's experience to support a local school and chosen charities to become more efficient.
- Use some of the marketing budget to associate the business or brand with a social cause.
To improve the environment we actively aim to:
- Reduce consumption of energy and water
- Support local businesses
- Use skype video-conferencing to meet partners and customers rather than always travelling to meetings